WYLDE is constantly searching for talent to join our organisation in specific roles as well as those who believe they can bring something special. If you are interested in working in esports and have suitable experience, want to start a journey as an intern or graduate or believe one of the roles below have your name on it. Please email your cv and an accompanying cover/motivational letter to – [email protected]
Esports Social Media Specialist
Do you want to work within the rapidly growing esports space with an organization born to empower, excite and entertain. WYLE is committed to redefine standards and achieve worldwide success, while upholding best in class professional integrity.
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for managing the development our marketing and social media initiatives. Core responsibilities will involve developing marketing strategies, creating, and implementing social media plans, creating copy and executing digital marketing activations. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a background in or passion for esports and gaming, with experience building and managing communities through online platforms.
Role & Responsibility
- Lead WYLDE day-to-day communications through social media, keeping our fans active and engaged.
- Growing and maintaining a community through active social listening and consistent brand messaging.
- Collaborate with the other members of the broader WYLDE team and management to create a comprehensive social media strategy and brand voice.
- Managing daily, weekly, and monthly social media plans in support of major org objectives.
- Implementing social media policies and practices including market research, competitor analysis, and strategy building.
- Supporting Partnerships through promotional posts.
- Use data to refine social media strategy, identify trends, provide insight, and execute recommendations to grow all social channels and engagements.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge and passion for esports, gaming, and related online communities.
- 2+ years of social media experience and a demonstrated track record of success.
- Ability to work on effective single and multi-year marketing strategies, with success metrics and KPIs.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Must work effectively with the executive team and staff; must also be able to work independently.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Must have experience working with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, and WordPress.
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers), demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Enthusiastic and energetic personality.
So if you think you have what it takes, send your portfolio and CV to [email protected]
- Passionate about content creation, SoMe trends, and communication.
- Strong interest for digital popular culture especially esports and gaming.
- Ambitious and result oriented, with passion for growth and value creation.
- Strong business acumen and ability to learn new industries quickly.
- Comfortable in working on teams and great at facilitating effective collaborations.
- Conceptual and strategic thinker with solid business understanding.
- Creative, energetic, and hard working.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written).
- Fluent in English, and ideally experience working in international environments.
What WYLDE offers
- Early entry and an opportunity to impact our long-term direction.
- Competitive salary.
- Ambitious and competent colleagues with diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
- Dynamic and fun work environment.
- Opportunity to gain unique esports competency from “the inside”.
- International environment; Ireland is our base but the world as our playground.
- Big screens, powerful computers, ergonomic gaming chairs and more.
Required travel would be rare (<10% time). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position generally requires that work be performed from the WYLDE Academy Headquarters in Cork, Ireland but we are open to hybrid applications. Attendance at events taking place in the WYLDE academy or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
- Submit your application by email to: [email protected]
- Include your CV and a short cover letter / motivational letter in two separate attachments.
- Include your name and the role you are applying for in the e-mail subject field (Example: Application for esports Social Media Specialist – Jane Smith).
- Deadline: as soon as possible!